Sunday, September 2, 2012

Righteous Women do not Condemn Others

Hello My Friends!!!

I just finished watching a short video that made me cry, of course, I cry at everything spiritual. But it was about Jesus' mercy and forgiveness. I have included the video for you to cry, I mean watch. It is very moving.




But it made me think of times that I have condemned others in my life, most of the time just in my thoughts. Why do I do that?

I have judged before I knew anything about the person. I truly believe that it is human nature to prejudge someone but I want something more. I want to be like Jesus and look at a person with unconditional love. How do I do this?

I think the first thing I have to do is to study the life of Jesus. I need to see who He served and how He served. I need to observe His wisdom and apply those principles in how I serve others. Well, I guess the key is to serve others without picking and choosing who I am serving. It's easy to serve children, it's a little less easier to serve the elderly, but it is still easy. It's not so easy to serve those who are dirty or smelly. It's not so easy to serve when I have to go out of my way. These are things I have to work on. I need to learn to put others needs before my own.

As I begin to study His life a little more, I have realized that I need to open my heart and not see with my natural eyes but I need to see with my heart. We are all God's children; this I have to remember first.



One thing I have come to realize is that in order to do this His way there are some important things I need to understand. One thing is to understand is the greatest commandment of all, which is to love the Lord our God with all our heart, might, mind and strength. And then the second greatest commandment to understand is to love all people more than myself. These commandments can be found in many different places within the scriptures, but what do they mean?

One thing it means is that we are to be answers to people's prayers. We need to act, when prompted, in behalf of our Father in Heaven and serve those who need help. We know that Heavenly Father can take care of their problems without our help, but who would that truly benefit? So, in His wisdom if we learn to serve all people, we then develop a love for them. By doing this we are showing Heavenly Father that we do love Him with all our heart, might, mind and strength because we are being obedient. And...we are showing that we can love our neighbor by our willingness to serve them. This helps us to become like Jesus and be able to return home with honor.

Its funny to me, but this week through my studies in the scriptures I have had several..."Oh, I get it" moments; this is another one of those moments. I understand how we become like our Savior through acts of service that not only save the lives of others but our own. I understand that service is the key to all things pertaining to the Saviors example of love for all people.

To become more like Jesus, I need to learn to love all people and be willing to serve them and not be quick to judge them. I may find that walking in their shoes may not be such an easy path. Who am I to judge my brother or sister unrighteously.



 I am so grateful for a Father in Heaven who teaches me principles that help me to become a better human being and daughter of God. I know that I am going to work harder at being more Christlike by opening my heart and finding ways to serve those who are less fortunate in life, or even those who are very fortunate but have missed the mark. It is the way I will become more like the greatest man who ever lived on this earth, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover