Sunday, August 12, 2012

Duty to Country

I am not really a political person. I know about politics and I am up on current events but I  really get frustrated with politicians and politics. Who can we trust? I think most politicians are untrustworthy. I sometimes wish that there were laws against career politicians, you know, like the President of the United States position. He can only serve twice but those in Congress can be there as long as we keep voting them in, and some have been there way too long.

But the reason I am blogging about politics today is due to the upcoming elections. Righteous women have the responsibility to vote for those we believe will serve the people for good. My blog today is about registering to vote so that we can make sure we put people in office who understand that they are serving the people and not themselves. We need to put people in that are God fearing people. I am not registered with any party because I don't believe in parties. I believe we should be voting for who has the people and this country in their best interest.

I'm not saying who you should vote for, that's a personal choice according to your beliefs. But I am saying that you should be voting. Many women in the 1800 and early 1900's worked hard for that right so we should not throw that away. It is a blessing to be able to vote for the leaders and lawmakers of our country. We need to review the past records and what these people stand for. And, we need to include in this process a lot of prayer. If we ask for guidance from our Heavenly Father who is best qualified to fulfill His plan, at this time, then we can know we have made the best choices available.

God's plan will always be for the good of His children. We need not fear this world because He is in control of it's direction. But we do need to do our part to fight against evil and make sure we have the best people leading the way. Even if the person you vote for wins you still need to make sure they are held accountable for the choices they make in your behalf.

Righteous women need to be heard and we can only do this by voting for righteous people to serve in these positions; then follow up by watching their work. They should have to answer to us if they do not do what they promised. We need to make sure they are under control of the people. We have more power than we realize, we just need to wake up and make it clear that we stand for truth and righteousness. So if you are not registered then get registered as soon as possible before it's too late. Then, most importantly, go vote.

2 comments:

  1. What a great post! I love early American History. I feel this nation has forgotten what our Founding Fathers set forth! Our votes DO matter and it is up to us to make the difference. Politicians need to know that they work for us! And if we don't like what they are doing they will get FIRED! Then maybe they will stop giving themselves raises! ;) Great post! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They give themselves raises??? I need to find a new a job, lol. Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover