Sunday, July 8, 2012

Be Yourself!!!

Hello Friends!

Well, I am finding blogging to be quite fun. I guess if I was doing it for myself then I wouldn't be as excited about it. But...this is for all of us so I am excited and hope we can get some good dialog happening. That's the purpose, right?

Recently, my youngest son went on a church history tour to Missouri and Illinois. When he came back he brought gifts for the family. One gift he brought back, for my youngest daughter, was a plaque that said "In a world where you can be anything, Be Yourself!"



I love those words of advice. In our world it seems we are encouraged to be anything we want as long as we conform to the way the world thinks we shoud be. My children have been labeled, several times, as "not so normal" and I am fine with it because I love that they are their own person. I think we can learn from them by being whoever we are meant to be.

Who has the right to say it's wrong to be ourselves?  No one! God made each one of us unique so why not be the person we truly are? Even if others continue to label us, I say bring it on. The more unique I am, the more I stand out. I think people who stand out are meant to do big things. What are you meant to do?

I have always felt like I was meant to do something important. It coud be this blog, leading a women's organization, or even raising righteous children. Whatever it is, I need to be true to myself and not let others influence what I think or do. I need to find out who I am and continue to develop those traits that make me unique. It's those traits that can make a difference in this world and I want to challenge each of you to find the unique you, develop those traits, and stand out as an example to those around you.

We can all do great things as examples for other women that we meet in our daily lives. I want to give a shout out to the women of the world..."Be Yourself and Love Yourself!" God loves you and I love you, that gives you at least two on your side,  you can't lose with that combination. Until next time, God be with you.

1 comment:

  1. I totally agree. We should never be ashamed of ourselves. We need to be true to ourselves. But especially be true to who God wants us to be. I never thought I would be a stay at home mom, but the Lord led me here and that's where I am most needed. And I have never been happier.

    http://rantaboutthisandraveaboutthat.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover