Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Kirk Cameron influence

So, I have been a fan of Kirk Cameron ever since I saw him in Christian type movies. I know he is a good person and I admire his willingness to share his talents to build the Kingdom of God. He made the "Left Behind" Trilogy and "Fire Proof" to name a few. I like what he is doing and I hope he will continue to do more in the future.



This morning I was looking for an older video called "Man's Search for Happiness", that was produced by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, for a class I was teaching at church. I found it but in the same area there was a picture of Kirk Cameron so I clicked on it to see if there was any other Christian movies coming out that I could support. But I was surprised at what I did find instead.

The video was anti-mormon. He was teaching that Mormons were not Christian. He was teaching that our doctrine was against what the Christian world teaches. Its not the first time I have heard this, it was just the first time I had heard Kirk teach it. It makes me sad that others do not see us as Christians but I realize that they are deceived by those who try to teach what the Mormons believe and not ask God for the truth.

If you have questions about what someone believes then shouldn't you ask the person who believes it instead of going to someone else who doesn't really know or thinks they know? If people don't want to believe what you believe that is their choice but to promote hatred towards another people is not a very Christian act. How does one say they are followers of Jesus when they do things against what He teaches us, to love one another, no matter what?



We will never be able to stop things like this nor should we because some good can come from this. People hear it then become curious and find out what we really teach and why. One thing some people have forgotten is to do is the research to find the truth themselves; to ask God if its right, not another man. God can not lie, He will tell you the truth. You just have to listen for it. If you find that becoming a Mormon is not for you then that is your choice but you will know what we really believe and why if you do the research.

I know that I am in the right faith because of the experiences I have had in my life and my relationship with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. No one can take that away from me. I have a clear understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through my studies of scripture, yes, that would include the Book of Mormon, the Pearl of Great Price and the Doctrine and Covenants, along with the King James Version of the Bible. It also includes modern day revelation from our living Prophets.

I will not stop watching Christian movies because they are uplifting and good for the heart and soul but I will always stand for truth and righteousness for what I know is correct spiritual principles of God, not of man. I will share what I know with others and bare my testimony of what I know, not what I don't know. God has shown me many things through my study of the scriptures, including the Holy Bible. I can't deny what I know is truth, and I won't ever deny it.

I pray that as this world becomes more corrupt that those who are followers of Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ will come together to fight against the evil and all that Satan represents. I pray that we can put our differences aside and help others to turn to God in what ever way we know how to. I pray that God will forgive us for our weaknesses, as mankind, and help us to look to Him for guidance.

To Kirk Cameron, please keep making those wonderful movies that help uplift those who need to know God but I ask that you will show Christian type love to those who choose to follow the Savior in ways you don't understand. Don't talk bad about followers of Jesus Christ just because they don't worship like you. I hope you will find satisfaction in the degree of salvation that you are choosing here on the earth, you could have more but you limit yourself to what you allow yourself to see.



I know that God lives, and I know that Jesus is the Christ and Savior of this world. I know that Joseph Smith  is a prophet of God, as well as our current prophet Thomas S. Monson. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God, as well as the Holy Bible. I know that God loves us and He want us to return home to Him successfully. I know that we are all children of our Heavenly Father and that someday soon we will all know the truth. But until then I know that I will stand for what I know is truth and righteous and nothing will stop me from  saying what I know. I leave this testimony with you, in the name of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, Amen.





2 comments:

  1. I like his movies too! I'm saddened by this anti-Mormon video as well. I know a lot, not all, but a lot of Evangelicals were very anti-Mormon prior to the election. I'm hoping that their opinions have changed of us since then.

    We are all Christians. We need to love everyone no matter color, religion or sexual orientation. And we need to help lift others to Christ. This hate that is being spread around is from the devil and he unfortunately has some room in the hearts of some of our Christian brothers and sisters too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover