Thursday, November 8, 2012

Hateful Feelings after the Election

Hello,

Well, half of us are disappointed in the outcome of the elections and the other half is walking on the clouds, or with their heads in them. But the election is over and we have to move on and prepare for what is coming next. I see so many negative comments even after the election is over, even more so on the side that won, why is that?

The problem, as I see it, is that we are so bombarded with tons of negative ads against all the politicians that it makes it hard to get behind the ones we did not vote for, that won. How do we support the President of the United States when we have been taught this past year to hate what he does and stands for? How do we return to being a strong nation again?

I will say that I did not vote for President Obama, because I don't like his policies. I truly believe he is leading us down the wrong path.  He might think he has good intentions but he's doing it wrong. Now, I have the problem of trying to stand united with my nation because all the negative ads has told me that he is doing it wrong. It is so easy to get caught up in these races and negative feelings.

I had to find a way to get through these negative feelings, and the fears that I feel about this administration, but not let my guard down, and get on with my life, if I can. I am probably not the only person who feels this way. How can we do this?



I think we have to turn our hearts to God and not worry so much. We have to turn our thoughts to the scriptures and have faith that God has everything under control. The good wins in the end, we are promised that; we just have to endure to the end. But we need to stand strong and united as a nation. We can see the evidence in the comments above; United We Stand, Divided We Fall. I think after the elections we are falling.

It doesn't mean that bad things won't happen but it does mean we have to continue to stand up for the right things. When Jesus comes again and his government is established we will see the truth. He is coming and we just have to continue to stand up for his Kingdom and get as many people prepared for it as possible.



If we read the life of Jesus Christ in the New Testament we will see our hearts soften and hopefully our eyes will be open to the things surrounding us. We have to make those who are elected accountable for their actions. Our President and others promised certain things in order to win votes well then lets hold them to it. I believe that is the one thing we can do at this time.

We should be electing people with good moral values who know God and his ways. Our Founding Fathers were not perfect men but they did have moral values and made good decisions because of that. We still need those kind of people in our government today. It shouldn't be about political parties but should be about good moral standing and righteous judgements. It's hard to see the good people when there are so many negative ads blocking our views.  Prayer is helpful in unblocking the view.



Its time to move on now and not continue these silly games of who's side won, as far as I can see, it was a tie because both had half the nation behind them. Lets think about our Savior and put our efforts behind him and doing good in this wonderful nation we live in. God gave it to us so lets work together to stand strong against the evils that want to destroy the good that we have been blessed with. I pray for our Saviors speedy return so we can live together in peace His way.

1 comment:

  1. This is really hard. People are not content on winning, it's about making others feel worse because they lost. It's really sad, but we have to keep our heads up and look to God for strength and support. Hopefully America will get back to being a great nation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover