Monday, July 16, 2012

What does Righteous Mean?

I apologize for not posting my weekly blog yesterday. I was in Jacksonville for my oldest grandsons 2nd birthday. We had lots of fun, but we almost had to postpone it because he was sick. However, as most children do, he recovered in time for the party. So here is my new post, even though it is late.

I like manners. I like when people use manners like thank-you and please. I like when men open the door for women. I like when people greet each other with kindness. Those are examples of manners that we should be using and teaching our families to use. I have always wondered who started manners like women having to cross their legs at their ankles, or place one hand on their lap at dinner. Is it so bad if we don't do these things? Those are not things which pertain to common courtesy. However; I do like most manners, I just don't think that some of those manners are really that important. I think we have to know which are important and which are optional.



I looked up the word 'righteous' in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary. It said being righteous was "acting in accord with divine or moral law". So for the purpose of this blog spot,  we as righteous women, have to make a stand in moral issues facing women today. Like the manners thing, I think we have to find what are good moral issues to stand up for.

I used to listen to a talk radio show for making moral choices. Some of you may have heard of Dr. Laura. She does not air on my local radio station but I often think about the things she has taught me in the past about standing up for moral values. It amazed me at how blunt she was to the callers about making stupid personal choices in life. She was not afraid to stand up for what she knew to be true and right according to God's laws. I love her for teaching and reminding me of these things.

Her example inspires me to look at the world today and what we need to be doing. Now, its our turn. She is still giving advice and helping not only women but men to "do the right thing".
It is also up to us to take that stand in issues pertaining to women and their families. Let's start looking at and discussing what are correct values according to God. Let's help find ways we can reach out to other women and help build a stronger generation against the evils that try so hard to destroy what really matters in life. We need to protect our families against the adversary because he is getting stronger and it is getting harder to fight against him. But I know we can stand together and help build the Kingdom of God here on this earth simply by choosing the good moral values that keep us on the path to righteousness and helping others to do the same.

Don't be afraid to choose good values and make a stand for them. Keep teaching your children common courtesy's and how to choose good moral values to make a stand on. It all begins with you. You are the nurturer and teacher for your children. Don't let others get away with teaching your families incorrect principles. You know the truth and only you can inspire those mighty spirits to do much good. Only you can help them to make righteous choices and be proud of it.

Let's open our eyes to see the devastation that is tearing down the family and the true beauty of women. We have to take that stand now before it grows too late. That is one reason I want to write this blog in hopes it reaches many women; so women can use those God given talents and make true changes for good. We have to built a righteous generation of children to lead and guide us back to a world with values. Let's work together and strengthen one another to do all we can. May God bless you and the stands to take.









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover