Friday, November 23, 2012

It's Done!!!

I am so relieved. We, my family and I, have been planning and trying to keep it a secret from my mom, planning her 70th birthday party, for a year now. It's not everyday that you turn 70 so we wanted to celebrate with her on this very special day.



We made several changes on venue and date trying to accommodate everyone, finally we just decided to do it at her home, I share the home with her so it was easier to prepare everything without her knowing.

Her birthday was the day before Thanksgiving so we ended up deciding to have her birthday celebration on Thanksgiving with dinner to follow. I told her we were inviting several people who had no place to go on Thanksgiving, she was ok with that thought, yea! now we could prepare for lots of people without her asking questions.



Well, to make a long story short Thanksgiving Day came and she had no idea of our surprise. Everyone slowly trickled in and she was surprised by every guest appearance. Finally my sister arrived, she lives farthest away so my mom never expected her to come. It was a great surprise for her. She loved her surprise birthday party and being surrounded by family. It was the best gift we could ever have given her.

However, we did have a couple more surprises for her. My son-in-law put together a slide show presentation with wonderful moving music and pictures of our past. It was so fun listening to everyone comment on the photos. It was awesome but it ended with those who have past on from our family and I couldn't control my emotions. I could feel our loved ones surrounding us, they are still very missed.

The last gift we gave her was a treasure chest of memories. Every family member wrote a letter to her sharing their favorite memories of her. We also contacted friends who did the same, my mother as so excited to read these treasured memories. I think she was very happy, I could hear a difference in her voice as the day past by. I know she will remember this day for the rest of her life. It was a few moments of stress that was worth it to see her have a day of memories.

Family and friends are the greatest treasures that God has given us and I am so happy to know that we can still have these treasured people in our lives when we pass on to live with our Heavenly Father. He made it so we could be eternal families, for that I am truly grateful.



I want to thank everyone for their help and pulling this all off to make it the best day ever for my mom. She is one of my greatest treasures and I want her life to be made happy for the rest of it. Thanks to God as well for all the help and also keeping my stress level as low as possible, LOL, but it's true. Ask and you shall receive, so I did.

It's done and time to restore life as we know it in my household. Funny, but I have already found myself saying "Shouldn't I be doing something?" I just can't seem to take it easy and relax, but I am going to try and relax, as the holidays approach us so I can enjoy the beauty of the season.  It's done!(deep sigh)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad your mom's party was a success! I'm sure she really appreciated everything you did for her!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover