Monday, April 1, 2013

Preparing for General Conference

Hello!!! It's almost that time again; time to be spiritually fed by our General Authorities. I love General Conference, but I didn't always love it. When I was a young mother going to view General Conference with small children seemed useless because I never got to here any of it. Sometimes I would talk myself into not attending some of the meetings, as long as I attend Sunday morning I would like we accomplished something.



I learned that I learned nothing that way. So it seemed my major problem was getting my children to sit quietly while I had the opportunity to listen and learn. How do you manage that? I have learned that preparing in advance and having many thing for my children to do during this time was very helpful and there was nothing wrong with doing this.



I created bags of treats, coloring pages and puzzles. They were good things to keep their attention for awhile. I created a binder with pictures of the Savior and people doing good things. I created a photo album with family pictures so they could see us having fun. Anyway, these are some examples of what worked for me and my family. Here are some links for ideas that might work for yours.

Teen Prep

Adult Prep

Coloring Pages

Conference Worksheets

Learn the Apostles Names

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the links! They were very helpful! I used them for myself and my oldest son!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover