Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July

I am so proud to be an American, and, I think we are truly blessed to live in the best country on the planet. Here, we have the opportunity to become anything we want to be, thanks to those who came before us. I am so grateful for our Founding Fathers and their courage to fight and stand for the freedoms we enjoy today. However, behind any great man is an even greater woman.

As we celebrate our countries birthday I would like to suggest that we take a moment to reflect on these great women; thinking about their fears and losses as well as their successes. These courageous women are perfect examples of how we can use our feminine talents and stand for what we truly believe in. These women, and many more over the years, have assisted in the fight for freedom. And now its our turn to shine the light and fight for those precious freedoms that are in jeopardy today.

What freedoms are you passionate about? I would like to hear about the fights you would stand for. I'd also like to know how we can help.

Recently, I heard of a challenge to read the Declaration of Independence on the 4th of July with our families and friends. I will be doing this with my family because I think its important for all of us to know and understand this important document. I would like to extend this challenge to you as well. If you can't read it together on this day of celebration then find a time that will work for you. Or discuss the history of how it came about.

Again, I am grateful for the strong, courageous people who took a stand for something they believed in. I would love to hear about your favorite example of a woman and her stand. If you like this blog, please pass it on so we can encourage women to continue to stand for truth and light.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover