Sunday, October 7, 2012

Renewed Commitment

I just finished watching General Conference this weekend. Wow, such inspiring messages have been presented to millions of us faithfully watching. I have been spiritually fed from this weekend. It feels so good to listen to what things I should be doing and then plan to put it into play.



I reevaluated my life and have reset my goals. I prayed to know some things for my life and sure enough, I received answers to my prayers.

One question I asked about has to do with my career. I have been trying so hard to increase in my job. I have earned my masters degree since I worked for this company but I have not been promoted even once since. I couldn't figure out why but now I know, after this weekend.

Here is what I usually do once I get an interview with a different department. I feel real good about my interviews and the interviewer even says so. However, I pray before the interview to do real good, that is a;ways met. Then after, I pray that if it is a good direction and one that will not take more time away from my family then please help them to remember me and hire me for the position. But if it is not a good choice then please don't let me get it. Well...I don't get it. I get sad but then I think I did put it in His hands and now I have to have faith.

Well, again I have been praying about what he would have me do, and can I increase in my position? Well, this weekend I heard an answer that said my family must come first, to progress in my work needs to wait until they are grown ( my youngest is 16). It wasn't in those words exactly but that was the impression I got from the words that I did hear. So I will be content in my current job and when my youngest goes on his mission then I will see about changes in my job. My family needs me and that has to be first.



Also, I heard that I should be focusing more on my family history and temple work. I am already working on it but I think I need to focus even more on it. I'm not as organized as I want to be. I want my kids to be able to see what I have and be able to take over when the time comes. So now I am recommitted to my path that my Father has directed me to.

I will continue to strengthen my knowledge of the gospel and will prepare my son and possible my daughter for a mission. I will organize my family history work better and spend more time at the temple. If I can find success in the work that means the most in my life then, I know everything else will fall into place.



Man, I love feeling spiritually fed, I will be walking on clouds for days. I do love the gospel of Jesus Christ with all my heart. I am renewed with a new commitment for my life to serve the Lord with all my heart, mind and strength.

2 comments:

  1. It was really amazing! I too was spiritually fed. I'm glad you received answers to your prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May we all get spiritually fat together!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover