Saturday, August 25, 2012

Withstanding the Storms

I live in the Tampa Bay area and my eyes have been glued to the Weather Channel due to the new hurricane coming into the Gulf of Mexico. I have a fear of these storms because I experienced one years ago...Andrew. I never want to go through that again. I now have a healthy respect for Mother Nature.



I had moved away thinking I would never have to experience it again. After 8 years away from Florida, I felt prompted to move back to Florida to be closer to family. Wouldn't you know it, that was the year Florida had 4 big storms hit, 2004 (welcome back, right?).

Anyway, I remember watching the huge oak tree branches swaying back and forth. I thought about how strong those trees were and if the strong winds could topple them over then what could this storm do to me. I was afraid again. Then I noticed this small tree, which my youngest son named Bob, and it wasn' t moving at all. The wind was blowing hard all around it but it stood strong and unmoved. I knew there was a life lesson in this.



I have the opportunity to use it in my blog today. We are living in an unstable world with trials blowing all around us. Who are we going to be like, the mighty oak or Bob, our little unwavering tree? I have read that if you have fear then you do not have faith. That was a difficult thing for me because I was afraid of storms but I know that I have also read in the scriptures that if we are prepared we need not fear. So we are prepared as can be for this storm and any others that come our way. We studied and acted upon the things we learned to be better prepared for disaster.

The same with everything else in life, we can prepare for life's storms if we build a strong relationship with God. We do this by learning His ways and His plan for us. We can do this by studying His word, the scriptures and through daily prayers. If we can do this we can withstand those strong storms that find their way into our lives. We can become like Bob if we act upon the things we learn from studying God's ways.

It won't always be easy but we have to trust in Him to lead the way through these storms. He is there for us if we want Him to be. We just have to ask Him to help us. I honestly don't know how people do it without Him but I am grateful for His love and guidance. I know that I can get through anything with Him by my side. I have done it before and I will do it again and again. No Fear!!!

1 comment:

  1. I've read that the Bible says "Do not fear 365 times." So there is no need to fear! If we could all be like Bob, the world would not have any problems. Stay safe!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover