Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Little Faith, Big Works

Matthew 17:20
"And Jesus said unto them, Because of your aunbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have bfaith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this cmountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be dimpossible unto you."

No, we don't want to be moving mountains but I think we can understand the point which is  that we could. This is a very powerful scripture. It shows us how powerful faith can be. We don't realize that faith can work miracles and that we have that power to make big things happen.


What do you think you can do with faith? I remember one time, when I was living out west, that I was so scared of how we were going to survive without money. I was working, a lot, sometimes just to make ends meet I would work four different jobs. My ex-husband lost his job and couldn't send the child support. As I hung up the phone I decided to take a shower after a long hot day working delivering parts of the Sunday newspaper to carriers. I was exhausted.



I crawled into the shower and began to cry. I didn't know how we were going to make everything work out without that money. But then I remember hearing a sweet soft voice say, "Why are you crying, you know things always work out?"

I stood still for a moment and realized that was right. No matter what hard times we have had, and we had quite a few, we were always taken care of. I stopped crying and began to have faith that everything would work out for the best, and it did, as always.



That little bit of faith helped me to pull myself together and keep moving forward. I had young kids to support in more ways than monetary needs. They learned strength and endurance from the trials that we had and the faith that we had to get through. And, we knew we were never alone, that our words of sorrow and suffering were heard. 



Jesus loves us and He understands what we are going through. He has suffered more than we could ever understand. Trust in Him and you will endure, too.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover