Thursday, December 13, 2012

Magnet Boards

Every year I make gifts for the ladies I work with at Coca-Cola. Last year I took a small glass plate and fabric with Coke written all over it. I used Mod Podge to put it together and then added a stand for the plate to sit on, they loved it.

This year I am making them magnet boards. So here is what I did:

1) I took a plain stove cover (found at Walmart, can find them cheaper at the Flea Market).

2) I painted the whole top with Mod Podge.

3) I placed the pre-cut material on the stove cover and smoothed it out.

4) Then I put Mod Podge on the sides and smoothed down the material on top of that. I had to use Mod Podge to seal the corners nice and even.


5) After everything was glued on I applied Mod Podge to the top of the material to make it a little firmer. The glue dries so don't worry about the way it looks, just apply a thin coat. After it dries trim the edges.

6) Then you are done. Here is my finished product. I made my family drink Coke from the bottles so I could use the bottle caps for magnets. I found small round magnets at Michael's Craft Store and stuck them to the back of the bottle caps then stuck it to the magnet board.

I think they will like it,what do you think.  I like it but I didn't make one for me, just them, as I always do.

Here are some more fun ideas to do with Mod Podge. Just copy and paste the link to the Internet and it should take you the web page. Enjoy!!!

http://modpodgerocksblog.com/2012/11/30-mod-podge-christmas-crafts.html



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover