Sunday, December 9, 2012

I Want to Live in the City of Enoch

I have been studying the Pearl of Great Price, if you are Mormon, this is scripture to you but if you are not then I want to explain that this is part of our scriptures. In the Pearl of Great Price are hidden treasures that we have been blessed with in the latter days.

I have been really taking my time and trying to learn from these books. Recently, I began studying about the City of Enoch and what they did that got them translated. There are a number of things they did but the general idea is they lived in a place where everyone worked together and shared in the blessings of that work.



I have thought a lot about it and seeing what I could do to make changes in my life so I could become more like them. Then something happened that showed me that I was on the right path. I went to pick up pizza for a family I knew who were moving out of state but were stuck for a couple of days with everything packed and no way to cook.

There was a man standing outside the pizza store and he asked if I could spare a slice of pizza. I told him the pizza was for someone else, he quietly said ok. I went inside and got the pizza for this family, then I thought I could buy him his own pizza but without transportation it might be awkward carrying the box so I bought him some bread instead. He was very grateful for that and left. My children were in the car waiting for me, they are teenagers, and I explained to them what happened and about the City of Enoch. As I looked at the man walking away, the hymn "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief " came to mind, and I cried. I felt the Spirit witness to me that I did as the Savior would have me do.



I was on the right track. I felt the need to tell my children if I ever came up missing and I was never found not to worry cause I could have been translated. LOL! Well, I don't ever expect that to happen but I know that I can work for that kind of perfection in my life anyway.

I have been praying for a while that I would be able to see people through the eyes of Christ but I have just realized that I really need to be looking at people as I do my Savior. Then, I would be more willing to do for those who are lowly and lost, those who are in need of His love. We are the answers to people prayers through inspiration from above. So as I see it, we need to act upon that inspiration and help all people at every opportunity.



I am so grateful to have the Gospel of Jesus Christ in my life and I have been so blessed my whole life. Now it is my turn to share those blessings, that were so freely given to me, with others. I just have to open my eyes and heart and see my Savior in every soul. I can do that, may be a little harder to do when people offend me or mine but I can work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover