Sunday, January 13, 2013

All things created by Him

It amazes me when people have no clue that all things were created by God. Everything in nature teaches principles of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Nature is a witness of a Creator, not just hap-instance.

Yesterday, my family and I were outside cutting down vines that had grown a lot, over the summer, on the fence. It had been a few years since we had tamed this area of the yard so there was a lot of growth happening. Also, when it rains the dirt in the driveway flows out the back gate into the cu-de-sac so we had to shovel the dirt back into the driveway as well.



I started to walk out the back gate to shovel and it seemed that the vine grabbed at my leg and wouldn't let go, I almost fell because it had a hold on my pants. I imagined that it was pleading with me to not cut it down. But I told it that I was commanded by God to have dominion over and subdue the earth. Some time ago I had looked up the word subdue and found it meant control. So I told the vine I needed to have some control since it was over grown there. I don't think it was so happy about my decision, but it did let go.

As I began pulling the vines off the fence I found some parts of it that held on so tightly that it was impossible to pull it free. When I looked to see what held it there I witnessed small vines which had wrapped itself around the fence several times. I asked the vine, "How did you know how to do that?" It didn't answer me but it amazed me that the only way I could break it loose was to cut the small vine with pruning shears.



I began to realize that it was actually a witness to me that it was doing what God had commanded it to do. It was growing and hanging on to life the best it could. I thought of the many different life lessons we could learn from this vine. I was sad to cut it away because it was teaching me things but it needed to be done, which is another life lesson for another day.

I wonder so often how people can deny the existence of God as they view his creations. I want to testify that God is real, and everything here was created by His hand. We are all His creations, we belong to Him. All living things have a spirit and are obedient to Him, except the greatest creation in the world, the children of God.




But God knew we would be defiant and that is why we needed a Savior, to die for our shortcomings and sins. I am ever grateful for Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice. I am also grateful for the life's lessons that we get from nature. I feel so much closer to God when I commune with nature because we are all His creations. And, I know he loves us and has provided a plan back to him if only we will open our eyes and learn from everything he has given us. I am forever grateful for a loving Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover