Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Feasting Upon the Word

2 Nephi 32:3
"Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, bfeast upon the cwords of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will dtell you all things what ye should do."

My children are mostly grown now; I have one teenager left. I knew the day was coming that I would have to start thinking about what was best for me and not putting so much focus on my children and what was best for them. I would always be thinking of what I can do for them but I could now begin to focus on my path.



I started thinking about what I should do with the rest of my life. So I began to pray and ponder about those things. I decided that I needed some temple time. I went to the Orlando Temple and sat in the most beautiful room in the building to contemplate my life and it's direction.

I thought about things that I had always wanted to do, or planned to do. I thought about retirement some day and spending a lot of time with my grand-kids.  But I knew I wanted to do whatever God wanted me to do first. So I prayed for help in knowing what He would have me do with the rest of my life. 

Then, while watching General Conference, I pondered my questions and heard this scripture. We were told to feast upon the words of Christ. Where do we find them? We find them in the scriptures. We were promised that if we feast upon  His words, read and study them, then we would find all the answers to our questions within them. How awesome is that?



I found that God might not have a specific plan for me but He wanted me to do as much good as I can, using the talents that He gave me. So now I have to think about what I can do with those things to help build His Kingdom here on this earth. We all have talents; we just need to find out how to magnify them for good.

God sent us here not to figure out life for ourselves, but he gave us tools to help us on our path. We have no reason to feel lost because our answers are in the scriptures, our greatest tool ever. If we study and ponder these things out the Holy Ghost will help us find a path that will help us do our part. 



God loves us and wants us to come back to Him even stronger than we were when we left Him. He gave us the tools we need to return home to Him being the best us we can be. Don't throw away those tools, find peace and direction with them. You will be surprised to find happiness there as well. I hope you will have a great feast in your life, it's never too late to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover