Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday is Pizza Day

 OK, I'm trying to create a spiritual thought daily for this blog and help people understand what the righteous should be doing, but on Friday and Saturday I want to focus on some fun stuff. So today I have found some food ideas for Halloween, or just the month of October.



Did you know that there were National Food Days? I never did until I started researching for food ideas for October. I have add a  link for you to see what I am talking about.


So according to the link today, October 11 is National Sausage Pizza Day. So I have found a recipes for pizza. My family love pizza on Fridays so I think we are going to have to plan to make this tonight.



Making pizza dough would be the first place to start. You can buy it already made, or from a box, or frozen food dough, or you can make it from scratch. Here is a recipe for pizza dough from scratch.

Pizza Dough, makes 1

3 cups of all purpose flour
1 pkge of dry yeast (25 ounce)
2 Tablespoons of vegetable oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon of white sugar
1 cup of warm water (110 degrees F)

Combine flour, salt, sugar, and yeast in a large bowl.Mix in oil and warm water. Spread out onto a pizza pan and add the toppings.
Bake 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes.

Pizza Sauce - makes enough for 4 pizzas

1 - 15 ounce can tomato sauce
1 - 6 ounce can of tomato paste
1 Tablespoon of ground oregano
1 1/2 teaspoon of dried minced garlic
1 teaspoon of ground paprika

In a bowl mix in the tomato sauce and paste until smooth. Add oregano, garlic and paprika. Spread onto the pizza dough leaving about a half inch from all edges. Add topping as desired (pepperoni, sausage, vegies), and cheese.

Here are some links to some other fun ideas with pizza ingredients.

pizza rolls

I can't find the recipe but something my kids really liked was crescent rolls with a tablespoon of pizza sauce, 1/2 string cheese stick, and any other topping like a slice of pepperoni. Roll it up in the crescent and bake according to crescent directions.
pizza treats



Enjoy!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover