Saturday, October 12, 2013

Christmas Before You Know It

Hey!!! Do you realize that Christmas is just around the corner? Yeah, I was surprised, too. What happened to this year? When I was young it seemed like days lasted forever, but now that I'm...older, it seems time flies. I was surprised when my teenager said the same thing. So when someone young notices time is flying bye then you know you are running out of time.

I was thinking, that since I would be looking for gift ideas for Christmas that I would share some fun things that I find easy to do and inexpensive. I hope these ideas will be helpful to you.

Mod Podge Tile Coasters


I think I'm going to do this one for my co-workers. Last year I made them a glass plate with our company logo on it. It was a lot like this.

Take a glass (see-through) plate (any size you want), lay it on a table and lay some material of your choice on top and cut out the circle a little bigger than the plate. I could find material with our company logo on it so I found a pair of pajama bottoms with the logo and cut the material I needed (then I hemmed the bottom of PJ's and sent it to my favorite Uncle); he loved them and still wears them.

Take a sponge brush and add Mod Podge to the back of the plate. Lay the material on top of the Mod Podge side and smooth it out. Let it dry for about 10 minutes, trim the edges and Mod Podge on top of the material for a matte feel. Let it dry and then display your peace of art on a stand. I gave all mine away and didn't keep one for myself so I can't show you what they look like. Mod Podge can be lots of fun to use.

Here is another one using Mod Podge, I can't wait to try this one.

Stained Glass Candle Holder



I just have to include this blog spot because there are tons of Mod Podge ideas that can be helpful in completing your Christmas shopping list.




Easy Art Work

This one was pretty cool and easy to do using a 2 liter soda bottle, no Mod Podge needed. I might have one of my kids do this for a teacher gift.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover