Monday, October 28, 2013

Becoming Like Jesus Christ through Faith

I have been thinking a lot about how I can become more like my Savior, Jesus Christ. So, I began by studying the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5-7). Then a young man at church gave a talk about the attributes of Christ from the "Preach my Gospel" missionary manual. I gave that a look and found some real good stuff that I believe will help me become more like Jesus. I want to share those things with you. This week I will share scriptures about faith,which is the first thing we need to have to become more like Jesus.


Moroni 7:33
"And Christ hath said: aIf ye will have bfaith in me ye shall have power to do whatsoever thing is cexpedient in me."

We shall have power to do whatsoever thing is expedient in Him meaning whatever He needs us to do for the benefit of His kingdom here on earth. We can help that kingdom to grow if we do what He asks of us. What does He ask of us?

One thing is He gives all of us individual talents that we can use to build His kingdom. My example is that I like to write and He has given me a talent in writing and a creative mind to do so. I have chosen to use it to write these blog posts to hopefully help someone have a better understanding of His ways or draw closer to Him.



I have chosen to use it to write books that will help people have a better understanding of the scriptures; I am just beginning that project. This is what I have chosen to do with my talent in writing. I may not be the best writer in the world but at least I am trying.

But, I have had a fear of writing publicly because I was afraid of rejection. I, like many others throw away those talents because of fear in rejection by the world, but God gave us these talents and we have to do our part and at least try, then, have the faith that if it is for a good thing then He will bless our work and put it into the hands of those who need it most.



It is through my faith in God that I have the power to do my part. He has asked me to not waste my talents, or hide them, but to use them for good (see Matthew 25:14-30). So I give my best and He fills in the rest. I can do that.

And when I do good for others, man, how I feel good within myself. This is how we can do the things we are asked of by our Savior, to live our lives like Him. This is how we can become more like Him. Faith is really not so hard once we understand it and it is a powerful tool in His plan.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover