Thursday, October 3, 2013

For I am not Ashamed

Romans 1: 16 "For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek."

Years ago, I discovered that whenever I was in a public place I would always speak of God or things of spiritual nature in a low voice. I justified it as speaking in a humble manner of spiritual things but truly it was because I didn't want any confrontation from those who might believe differently.



After reading this scripture I realized that it seemed I was ashamed of my faith. I wasn't really but I wasn't acting as if I wasn't certain of who I was and what I stood for. I didn't proclaim the righteous values that I tried to live daily; I knew that had to change.

Now, whenever I speak of Jesus Christ or anything spiritual I don't lower my voice. I want people to know that I am a true believer of my Savior and His gospel. I know that Jesus is the Christ and He paid the ultimate sacrifice so we could return home and live forever in the most wonderful place ever, home with our Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.



To be a righteous woman it requires us to make stands and proclaim our beliefs, not in a way that turn people off but through our example and not having fear to speak up for things of truth and light. The day will come when troubled people of the world will look to those of faith for guidance. We are the Lord's ambassadors, we need not be ashamed of what we believe.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover