Thursday, October 17, 2013

Well Done my Good an Faithful Servant

Doctrine and Covenants 14:7
"And, if you akeep my commandments and bendure to the end you shall have ceternal life, which gift is the greatest of all the gifts of God."

Some days I wake up and wonder if I really want to live forever. My body aches and I feel tired a lot more as I get older. But in the end I usually realize that I do want to live forever because I know that if I can endure and keep God's commandments then I can live forever with a stronger body and spirit.



God gives us commandments to test us and see if we will choose to keep them or not. If we do then we can receive eternal life. One thing we have to remember is that eternal life is a gift from God.

I never really thought much about that. I just knew I needed to keep the commandments of God and I would be happy but what does that mean?



I have found over the years that enduring our trials meant that if we could learn from our these experiences then we grew stronger and had gained the things we needed to become better people. And, that is was possible to endure challenges by keeping the commandments.
If we put God first in our thoughts then when we experience life we can follow a path that helps us to become stronger and happier. 

Over my many years of life I have experienced many challenges and trials that have made me stronger. When I was younger I suffered over these things by thinking only of the trial. I came to realize that trials weren't punishment for something I did wrong but were things to help create the best me I can be. 



As I grew and studied God's words I began to put God first in my thoughts. So when the trails came I was able to think of what God wanted me to learn from it and it helped me to get through it easier and happier. God's gift to me is eternal life but my gift to Him is what I do with my life.

Jesus suffered more than  any one person has ever suffered. He did not lose his faith, he endured it to the end. Righteous women can follow His example so that we can strengthen ourselves and then others to become the people we need to become, as God's people. Then when we it is all done we will hear the words, "Well done my good and faithful servant."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover